Monday, April 03, 2006

God Incognito



For the past few weeks, God has been inside Liverpool's football great Robbie Fowler and he can't get out. God thought it would be a short-term stint helping Fowler out on the field when the star returned to Liverpool amidst much celebration (God in Sports, He Wishes), but when Fowler scored his 173rd goal, putting him the fifth highest scorer in the club's history, God realized he just might be M.I.A. for quite some time. Talks of a contract extension for Fowler are not firmed up yet, leaving God unsure about his spring world tour of aid to all.

"Nothing has been said or decided yet, so I just have to wait for the manager and I’ll just try to keep playing my football,” Fowler said. “Since I’ve been back, I haven’t scored as many goals as I would have liked but I’ve been relatively pleased and happy with the performances. It’s not up to me to say who the manager should sign."

Always the athlete, God is just plain tuckered out from the strenuous schedule and travel. He would like to return to the role of wacky fan and patron of sports.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home