Friday, January 27, 2006

Pa. Man Forges God's Name in Vain


A Reading, Pa. man claims he is God, or at least that he has the right to sign his name as "God."
The Republican bail enforcer proprietor signed his election registration form with "God" instead of his Christian name, Paul S. Sewell. He compares signing "God" to signing with an "X" and cites his job as proof that he qualifies for this signature.
"Whenever I go to arrest somebody, they say, 'Oh, God, give me another chance. Oh, God, let me go. I'll turn myself in tomorrow,'" Sewell said.
Sewell may not be able to vote in upcoming elections, but he has scored with valid ID as "God."
"PennDOT accepted it on my driver's license. I have a credit card with it," he said. "It shouldn't be a problem."
God is rather miffed himself, as he was never issued that American Express Platinum card that he applied for three years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home